Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Helmut Lang



My obsession with all things monochromatic ( with some neutrals slipped in here and there) continues. Before Alexander Wang and Hedi Silame for Saint Laurent brought downtown, rock-cool to a new generation of fashion-minded folk, Helmut Lang was sending his edgey minimalist designs down 90s runways. Lang his eponymous label in 2005 to pursue art full-time. Both artworks included after the jump are by Helmut Lang.
Jump!





The silver jeans are a nod to Helmut Lang's 1993 AW collection where he showed holographic sterling silver jeans. I couldn't find a picture of them, unfortunately. For all the information the internet has, when it comes to fashion, it is as if everything before 2001 doesn't exist. I paired the look with a Jil Sander trench. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, a place where layering is often a requisite when dressing. I would wear it open, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment